November 19th, 2019
2 Terwilliger Lane
A message from CWA 1120 about COVID-19
Updated On: Mar 13, 2020
As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to affect communities across the globe, CWA leaders are engaging with employers to ensure that they are providing CWA members with comprehensive safety and prevention measures in an environment that encourages open and free communication without fear of reprisal or negative impacts on pay or continued employment.
If you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms consistent with infection, please contact your healthcare provider immediately for medical guidance.Members should report any and all instances of exposure or infection to their employer and their Business Agent immediately.
These are some of the questions CWA has asked employers to answer
What are the employer's protocols in place?
2. Are the safety teams trained on the protocols?
3. What specific safety measures are in place to prevent infection while at work?
4. Is there a contact tracing process in place?
5. Is there a symptom or exposure reporting protocol or process?
6. Do you have a business/work contingency plan in case of a required shutdown?
7. What safeguards are in place to protect customer facing employees? (Call centers, Customer's premises, retail stores, Hospitals, airports etc.)
8. How will payment of employees be handled in case of shutdown?
9. How will payment of employees be handled in case of employees with positive tests? Confirmed exposure? Quarantined?
10. How will attendance absences/occurrences be handled as a result of any of the incidents in #8 and #9 above?
11. How has the above information been communicated to the Union leadership?
12. How has the above information been communicated to the employees?
Stop Fast Track
Call your Congressperson and tell them to vote NO to Fast Track for TPP. (888)966-9836